FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 12, 2013
Philip Esteem firstname.lastname@example.org
Chicago, April 12, 2013 – Today PrideIndex.com™ announced four additional honorees for the 7th Annual Esteem Awards. PrideIndex.com is pleased to announce DIFFA-Chicago, GMAD, Black Gay Men’s Blog, activist and writer Jewelle Gomez are among honorees. These organizations and individuals represent the diverseness and rich stories that are part of the LGBTQ fabric. The event reception will take place in Chicago on Saturday July 6 at Sidetrack 3349 N. Halsted from 2PM-4PM.
Following is a list of Esteem Awards finalist:
· Outstanding Service, Male: Tim’m West, Associate Youth Director, Center on Halsted
· Outstanding Service, Female: Jane M. Saks, founding Executive Director of the Ellen Stone Belic Institute for the Study of Women and Gender in the Arts and Media.
· Outstanding Service, Transgender: Z Williams, Broadway United Methodist Church’s Youth Lounge
· Outstanding Service, Youth: Anthony Singleton, Center on Halsted
· Outstanding Social Services/CBO: Center on Halsted
· Institutional Award: DIFFA-Chicago
· Outstanding Magazine: Positively Aware Magazine a publication of Test Positive Aware Network (TPAN)
· Outstanding Podcast: The Anna DeShawn Show
· Artistic Expression: Coquie Hughes
· Special Recognition Award: The Chicago Gay & Lesbian Hall of Fame
· Outstanding Service, Male: (tied) Wade Davis, Activist, Hetrick-Martin Institute (New York) and Kenyon Farrow, Activist & Writer (New Orleans)
· Outstanding Service, Female: Jewelle Gomez Activist & Writer (San Francisco)
· Outstanding Service, Transgender: Dr. Kortney Ryan Ziegler, Transgender Rights Activist
· Outstanding Service, Youth: Alex Sewell (Washington, DC)
· Outstanding Social Services/CBO: GMAD (New York)
· Outstanding Magazine: Real Health: Your Guide To Black Wellness, A Smart+Strong Publication (New York)
· Outstanding Website: ElixHER.com
· Outstanding Blog: Black Gay Men’s Blog
Since 2007 PrideIndex.com Esteem Awards has honored local and national organizations and individuals for their continued efforts in supporting the African-American and LGBTQ communities in the areas of entertainment, media, civil rights, business and art.
PrideIndex.com is an online entertainment guide to events, bars and parties for the African-American and LGBTQ communities. It features profiles of activist, authors, club promoters, filmmakers, performance artist, conferences, support groups, and health & wellness resources. More information about the Esteem Awards can be found at www.TheEsteemAwards.com.